Suffolk Minority Ethnic Community Action Network is a network for and of the Black, Asian, Refugees, Gypsies and other Minority Ethnic groups in Suffolk. It is a project partly sponsored by Suffolk County Council. These groups are working together to help influence practices and infrastructure as it affects them in Suffolk.
The objectives are to develop a county wide network led and developed by Black and Minority Ethnic and Faith groups/communities and promote joint action between public and voluntary sector organisations to:
- Ensure that Minority Ethnic Communities and individuals are involved in policy and decision-making which affect their interests
- Address known ‘invisibility’ of BME groups/individuals in some areas in Suffolk
- Improve existing services and infrastructure support
- Develop new and tailored services to address the needs and gaps in services to Minority Ethnic Communities
- Improve the sharing of information between all communities and the agencies and organisations serving them
- Allow BME communities shape and influence infrastructure and statutory sector practices through forums such as training, seminars, consultation,publications and discussion groups.
Click below for further information: